Total Pageviews

Monday, January 3, 2011

Who is Joe Cleveland?

Hello, world. I am "Joe Cleveland." I am a life-long Cleveland sports fan who has a background in sports journalism who is not afraid to say his opinion on the state of sports in Cleveland or elsewhere.

At a former newspaper I worked for, a co-worker used to call me "Joe Cleveland" because, in his opinion, my views on the world of sports were just as he envisioned those of the genaric person he called "Joe Cleveland." In his world, "Joe Cleveland" witnessed a lot of heartbreak in his or her life and kept coming back for more. "Joe Cleveland" always blamed the coach or the front office when things went bad, and "Joe Cleveland" loves to bash players as soon as they bolt Cleveland for "greener pastures."

Now, I'm not guilty of all of these things, but I am on some of them.

For starters, I still boo players such as Jim Thome, Manny Ramirez and (especially) LeBron James for leaving their Cleveland teams as free agents.

I do love booing players who I believed did not give a full effort when they played for Cleveland teams and have since moved on. Braylon Edwards is a perfect example.

I also love booing players who bash Cleveland on their way out of town. Derek Anderson better hope he never takes a meaningful QB snap in Cleveland in the next few years (FYI, I LOVED his meltdown after the Monday Night game. It essentially proved everything that I thought about the guy when he played for the Browns.)

Joe Cleveland is going to wrap this blog up, but he can assure you he'll be back to vent about other things in Cleveland sports whenever he can. Thanks for reading, and please spread the word!

Until next time, remember that Cleveland Rocks!

No comments:

Post a Comment